Tuesday 26 April 2011

Eyedea and the genius within.

Thanks to a like-minded friend, I recently stumbled across an underground rap-artist who, in any other situations, I would not have found. His name is Micheal Larson (aka "Eyedea") and he was a well-known freestyle battle champion and underground rapper. I found the video to "Even Shadows Have Shadows" on youtube and have been hooked ever since. At just 29 years old, he tragically died in his sleep but tribute should continue to be made to his deep, self-critical lyrics and incredible rap skills.




I particularly want to draw attention to the last part (my favourite part) which gave me tingling goosebumps of familiarity and respect for an artist who truly understood so much.

Cause even shadows have shadows
and my secrets are eating me eagerly feeding
I scream in my dreams away but they keep on defeating me
Even Shadows have Shadows
Welcome to the dusty subconscious of an actor
Who murdered his childhood to stop the audience's laughter
Even Shadows have Shadows
How am I to break free from my fears
When I don't like what I see and I can't feel what I hear
Even Shadows have Shadows
So don't judge my book by it's cover
Cause my story's just fucked up as any other

Let me know what you think...



No comments:

Post a Comment